Click here for the 2017 New Jersey Congressional Delegation.
Because Patients Can’t Wait®, BioNJ advocates for the life sciences industry in New Jersey and in Washington, addressing issues and programs on both the State and Federal levels. As the sole New Jersey affiliate of the Biotech Innovation Organization (BIO), we work collaboratively with BIO and other industry organizations to advance issues that bring faster treatments and cures to Patients and support the life sciences in New Jersey.
Advocacy and public policy are integral to our mission at BioNJ. Our program is based on support for these principles:
- Advocating for policy decisions that will nurture and grow New Jersey’s life sciences ecosystem, a leading economic driver and job creator for our State
- Increasing opportunities for engagement for our BioNJ Members
- Creating enhanced collaborations that lead to more innovation and scientific research and development conducted in New Jersey
Planned 2017 BioNJ government affairs activity includes:
- Celebrating Life Sciences Week in New Jersey
- Partnering with Patient Advocates on Rare Disease Day activities in New Jersey
- Leading a delegation of senior executives at BIO’s Legislative Fly-In on April 4-5 in meetings with New Jersey’s Senators and Members of the Congressional Delegation and staff in Washington
- Collaborating with regional life sciences associations on briefings and receptions for Congressional Members and staff in Washington
- Lobbying on proposed State legislation and regulation that impacts life sciences
- Participating as a Board Member in OpportunityNJ, whose mission is to increase awareness of the impact that policies and legislative action will have on the State’s economy and job growth for New Jersey citizens