BioNJ is seeking nominations for its most prestigious award, The Dr. Sol J. Barer Award for Vision, Innovation and Leadership.
Named for Sol J. Barer, PhD, the former Chairman and CEO of Celgene Corporation, and presented at BioNJ’s Annual Dinner Meeting, Awards Program and Networking Event, the award recognizes outstanding biotechnology industry business leaders who have made significant contributions to the growth and prosperity of the industry in New Jersey and throughout the world.
Past award winners are Dr. Barer; Dr. Lisa Drakeman, former President and CEO of Genmab; John H. Johnson, President and CEO of Savient Pharmaceuticals; and John Crowley, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Amicus Therapeutics.
The award will be presented on January 26, 2012 at the East Brunswick Hilton in East Brunswick, NJ.
To submit a nomination, please describe in 250 words or less why you think your nominee qualifies for the Dr. Sol J. Barer Award. Information provided in the nomination should address, but is not limited to:
- Nominee’s contribution to his or her company and/or organization, i.e., establishing an innovative new organization, moving an established organization forward, mentoring employees, etc.
- Nominee’s contributions to New Jersey’s Biotechnology Community.
- Nominee’s contributions to the community on a local, state, national, or global basis.
The final selection of the honoree will be made upon a review of applications by the BioNJ Board of Trustees.
In making a submission, please provide:
- Nominee’s full name, company, title and contact information.
- Your full name, company, title, and contact information.
- Up to a 250-word description about the individual you are nominating.
Please contact Bill O’Donnell with questions at BioNJ Headquarters by phone at (609) 890-3185 or by e-mail.