The medical innovation being developed by our companies is drastically improving the way health care is delivered by saving lives and reducing costly institutional care, physician visits and invasive medical procedures.1
- Oncology – U.S. cancer survivors have more than doubled to 14.5 million since 1990.
- Hepatitis C – A once incurable disease now has cure rates above 90%.
- HIV/AIDS – Once a death sentence, it’s now a chronic manageable condition.
- Childhood Cancer – 83% of children with cancer now survive, compared to 58% in 1970.
- Vaccines – More than 730,000 children’s lives have been saved in the last 20 years in the United States because of advances in vaccines.
Understanding Drug Pricing
Click here for a primer on the Value of Medical Innovation and Drug Pricing.
Quick Facts on the Value of Medical Innovation
Click Here for a Helpful Video on “Understanding Step Therapy.”
Click Here for BIO’s “Understanding Your Drug Costs: Follow the Pill” Video
Click Here for BIO’s “Why Are Patients Facing Higher Costs When They Go to the Pharmacy?”