TRENTON, NJ (February 24, 2015) – BioNJ, the Gateway to Health, today announced the formal launch of the BioNJ Purchasing Consortium. Enhanced with an array of new discount purchasing services, several others planned for the near future and a strengthening of many current offerings, the launch represents a Members-only benefit program that enables research-based and other life sciences support companies to save time and money when acquiring scientific products and professional services.
The Consortium Launch is part of an ongoing series of initiatives being undertaken by BioNJ. In November 2014, BioNJ announced a rebranding – BioNJ, The Gateway to Health – to reflect a new Mission and Vision tied to a vibrant life sciences ecosystem in New Jersey where Science is Supported, Companies are Created, Drugs are Developed and Patients are Paramount.
“As a Members-Only benefit, the BioNJ Purchasing Consortium is the go-to-source for meaningful discounts on goods and professional services that Members need every day to run their businesses,” said BioNJ President and CEO Debbie Hart. “The services will be of the highest quality, easy to use and will save time and working capital, enabling our Members to direct resources to helping Patients through the discovery and development of innovative therapies and cures.”
BioNJ’s Purchasing Consortium provides Members with access to a wide variety of scientific and professional service providers.
- Laboratory Equipment and Supplies – Fisher Scientific
- Shipping – UPS
- Meeting and Event Planning – American Express Meetings & Events
- IT Services – Dynamic Strategies
- Used Lab Equipment Buying/Selling – BioSurplus
- News Distribution Services – Business Wire
- Business Insurance/Risk Management – Chubb Group of Insurance Companies and William Gallagher Associates
- Moving and Relocation Services – Humboldt
- Publications and Databases – Informa
- Comprehensive Gases Program – Linde
- Office Supplies, Furniture and Equipment – Office Depot
- Computer and Technology Products – Tech Depot
- Environmental Services – Clean Harbors
- New Jersey Company Profiles, Drug Profiles and Market Analytics – BioPharma Insight
- New Jersey Business News – NJBIZ
- Scientific Staffing – Randstad
BioNJ, The Gateway to Health, is a powerful network of 400 Members representing research-based life sciences companies and other contributors to a vibrant ecosystem where Science is supported, Companies are created, Drugs are developed and Patients are paramount. Because Patients Can’t Wait, we are dedicated to propelling this rich, innovation hub forward in New Jersey and beyond to help stimulate the discovery, development and commercialization of therapies and cures and save and improve lives and lessen the burden of illness and disease to society. As the industry’s voice in New Jersey, we fulfill our mission to help companies help patients by driving capital formation and fostering entrepreneurship, advocating for public policies that advance medical innovation, providing access to talent and education, and offering a cost-saving array of critical commercial resources.
For more information about BioNJ, please visit www.BioNJ.org. For more information about BioNJ’s Purchasing Consortium, please visit www.BioNJ/Purchasing.
Vice President, Public Policy and Communications