BioNJ advocates on behalf of our Members to ensure that government continues to invest in the research and development of future medical innovation and that medicines are accessible to Patients in need. We are actively engaged with Patients and Patient advocacy organizations, so that the voice of the Patient and his or her family has an even stronger presence and greater impact in our community.
The medical innovation being developed by our companies is drastically improving the way health care is delivered by saving lives and reducing costly hospitalizations, doctor visits and invasive medical procedures.1
- Oncology – U.S. cancer survivors have more than doubled to 14.5 million since 1990.
- Hepatitis C – A once incurable disease now has cure rates above 90%.
- HIV/AIDS – Once a death sentence, it’s now a chronic manageable condition.
- Childhood Cancer – 83% of children with cancer now survive, compared to 58% in 1970.
- Vaccines – More than 730,000 children’s lives have been saved in the last 20 years in the United States because of advances in vaccines.
Let’s Talk About Cost: An Interactive Program (Click here)
Video: What Is a Results-Based Contract? (Click here)
1Sources: Alzheimer’s Assoc., American Cancer Society, Biotechnology Innovation Organization, CDC, Celgene, FDA, IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics, NCI, PhRMA, Truven Health Analytics, Tufts CSDD, et al.