Thank you for visiting the BioNJ Web site.
Founded in 1994, BioNJ has been hard at work in its mission to enhance the climate for life sciences in the State. As the representative of an industry that has the potential to change the course of human health, make our environment cleaner and the foods we eat safer and healthier, BioNJ is single-minded in its commitment to the growth and prosperity of this industry within the state of New Jersey.
It has been an exciting time for the life sciences industry and for BioNJ, and it is with pride and commitment to the future that we highlight some of the important developments in the public policy, education, networking and Member services that are helping to foster the growth and prosperity of this important industry:
Because Patients Can’t Wait®, BioNJ advocates for the life sciences industry in New Jersey and in Washington, addressing issues and programs on both the State and Federal levels. As the sole New Jersey affiliate of the Biotech Innovation Organization (BIO), we work collaboratively with BIO and other industry organizations to advance issues that bring faster treatments and cures to Patients and support the life sciences in New Jersey.
Advocacy and public policy are integral to our mission at BioNJ. Our program is based on support for these principles:
- Advocating for policy decisions that will nurture and grow New Jersey’s life sciences ecosystem, a leading economic driver and job creator for our State
- Increasing opportunities for engagement for our BioNJ Members
- Creating enhanced collaborations that lead to more innovation and scientific research and development conducted in New Jersey
Education and Networking:
- BioNJ continues to bring the industry together at a variety of important gatherings throughout the year, including our BioPartnering Conference, Patient Advocacy Summit, C-Suite Summit, Inspiring Women in STEM Conference and Manufacturing Briefing.
- Our 27th Annual Dinner Meeting and Innovation Celebration was held on February 6, 2020. Highlights included the presentation of the Dr. Sol J. Barer Award for Vision, Innovation and Leadership to Kenneth C. Frazier, Chairman and CEO, Merck & Co. Inc. Click here for the photo gallery.
- BioNJ’s first-ever Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Conference is being held virtually on March 24-25, 2021.
- BioNJ continues to present a series of member forums directed to financial, legal, IT, business development and human resource professionals to facilitate professional growth and interaction.
- BioNJ Members saved more than $10 million in 2020 on Fisher Scientific lab supplies and other items through an innovative Purchasing Consortium.
- Through our Joint Benefits Agreement with BIO, BioNJ offers discounts on a wide variety of essential services, including office supplies, furniture and equipment, computer and technology products, news distribution, gene sequencing devices and moving and storage.
- BioNJ’s Talent Services connects New Jersey’s professionals with careers in pharma, biotech, medical device technology, clinical operations and medical diagnostics. BioNJ also supports employers with talent acquisition and recruitment. (https://www.bionjtalentnetwork.org/)